Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Hub5 no internet in modem mode

I have been trying for two days to change my Hub5 to modem mode. I am connecting to an asus rt-ac68n router running DD-WRTV2 in automatic DCHP mode.I have followed this procedure.1) login using 192.168.0.1 and select modem mode with only port 4 conne...

Hub not found in Connect app

I am trying to resolve wifi issues using the VM Connect app but it showing ‘Hub not Found’. I have tried rebooting the Hub, deleting the app and reinstalling it after rebooting my phone but no luck. what can i do to resolve this?thanks, Richard

2.4ghz & 5ghz intelligent pods

Hi I have a Hub 5 and am looking to split my signals to 2.4ghz & 5ghz. My question is that I am using intelligent pods and if I split my connections to 2.4 & 5ghz will the intelligent pods still work as intended?Thanksjay

How to order Wifi pod

Trying to receive a wifi pod and nothing is being done.  Twitter,webcam and phone call zilch. Questions is all their interested in. I asked for another wifi pod several days ago and still nothing.  Anybody having trouble like this?

Dropping Packets

Hi All, Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but today i have been encountering packet loss. Normally this would be ok but when streaming TV, or gaming this cuts out the connection. I have run BQM for 2 hours (i know thats not a long time) this ha...

packetloss.jpg

How configure Hub5 (M500) and Tenda Nova MW3 mesh

Hello Community. Just joined today. My query is a little long but I'll try to keep it as clear as I can. My technical knowledge is 'limited to average' so any complicated jargon my well escape me, so please feel free to dumb down your replies to suit...

Resolved! Internet keeps disconnecting

Had this issue December last year, engineer called and in his words “ tidied up all connections and removed some unnecessary bits”. As of Sunday the problem has returned. Internet drops Wi-Fi signal is still present on device’s, two white arrows appe...

Jacquimark_0-1680079487078.jpeg
Jacquimark by On our wavelength
  • 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connection down technician hasn’t arrived

Service to my postcode is down again this morning, having been told it had been sorted out.  A technician is due but hasn’t turned up, not sure if s/he is on the way or not.  Can’t find out from text notification, App or online, can you confirm?

LW22 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to access websites

Last night we lost internet connection. Used our phone hotspot to check status which was reported good. The same this morning, but although we seem to have an internet connection none of our usual websites are accessible. Back to the phone hotspot an...

GrumpyPa by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos