Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 17 replies
  • 42 kudos

Seeing way too many errors

I have been seeing quite a lot of Pre & Post errors this last few weeks I only cleared this yesterday3.0 Downstream channels Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID 1 331000000 6.7 41 QAM 256 25 2 139000000 9.4 42 QAM 256 ...

lojelo5 by Superfast
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Yodel delay returning my equipment.

Hi. I sent my old equipment back as requested after a recent upgrade to 1gig broadband but it is delayed at Yodel's end and I have received a letter from yourselves saying I may be charged if not returned etc.Heres the current status according to the...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3.0 keeps losing connection

Recently my Hub 3.0 has been intermittently losing connection. The dropout can last from a few minutes up to 30 minutes at a time. During a downtime, both wired and wireless connections are affected, and using different computers. I've changed cables...

bn37qp by Tuning in
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Red light on hub

I have a red light on my hub 3. Always been white before, I rang Virgin and was told as I have wi fi it's OK and don't worry. I have read that it could be overheating or some other things. As it is obviously faulty why can't I have a new hub? Nobody ...

Google and Bing think I'm in Dublin

I'm in Stafford in The Midlands, but for some reason, Google and Bing both detect me as being in Dublin, so unless I manually set my location, it gives me location-based results for Dublin, not Stafford. My IP address changed a few weeks ago, so I th...

Sigma by Fibre optic
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin Fibre + Deco Mesh

Hi All, I switched to Virgin Fibre yesterday, and the lovely engineer recommended the TP link deco mesh system to me, and so I took his advice and ordered a two tower system which I managed to install pretty easily.  My question is, should I now Conn...

MDev1985 by Joining in
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ongoing broadband and intermittent connection issues

Hi AllI have already posted about this problem which has been ongoing since February but do not seem to be getting anywhere. My V6 box constantly disconnects from the internet and white up and down arrows appear static on the panel on the V6 box so I...

Norette by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos