Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Hub 5 and LACP-IEEE 802.3ad

Hi,Does the Virgin Hub 5 support LACP-IEEE 802.3ad using WAN Aggregation. I'm going to upgrade to another router, just to try and help online gaming. Cheers for any help.

Jayhop69 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi signal strength fluctuates

The wifi signal strength from our Hub 3 fluctuates significantly frequently, causing very poor wifi to devices around the house, and complaints from the family to me. What can be done about this?I've used Ookla Speedtest from various devices througho...

No internet

I have had no internet for 6 days now and every day I'm getting text updates saying that there's an engineer working on the issue, when there isn't. I've called up and spoken to customer support about this issue but they have as much information as I...

Krenshaw by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Wi-Fi signal issue

I have used the Virgin connect app to scan our rooms but in the main bedroom I keep getting the attached message. I’ve tried calling the 0345 num but don’t seem to get through to anyone. I don’t think there’s a signal reaching the bedroom. We have a ...

Jbmorgan by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

gig1 wifi getting a consistent 3-10mbs over wireless

my gig 1 is terrible, my xbox shows a maximum of 10mbs when downloading and will even drop to kbs, what am i paying for?they say oh do a speed check that'll always show above 500 but im literaly unable to download anything unless it takes 4 days, for...

Hub 3 interface is very slow

I didnt find an appropriate community to post this, please let me know if there is somewhere more appropriate.During my diagnostics for my first post (Critical Sync timing failures) I saw the HUB 3.0 was taking 10-15 seconds to load each page.please ...

Resolved! Virgin Media Wi-Fi - TFL

Hi can anyone let me know if the Virgin Media Wi-Fi on the TFL London Underground is no longer in use. I can’t see the SSID but sure I could last week. Just changed mobile networks but that shouldn’t interfere with that.Hope someone can let me know 

Red light on router

Hi,My router has a constant red light. I have checked all connectors, unplugged, reset the router and the light is still red.I have never had a white light on my route (had it since Aug 22), it has always been orange and when I was setting it up I wa...

beccaham by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos