Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

Resolved! Moving router

Hi, My broadband/wifi router was installed upstairs years ago in what is now an inconvenient spot. I would like it moved downstairs. What's the easiest way to book an engineer to do this please? 

Samanmo by Joining in
  • 165 replies
  • 0 kudos

New router not delivered

spoke to someone on chat over a week ago, was having problems (still having )getting WiFi connected to phones laptops TVs they did a check all seemed fine but had to use Ethernet cable to get tv working the router is old hub 3 that we’ve had for 8 yr...

Greaney by Joining in
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nameserver not resolving AWS server addresses

Having real problems with VM not being able to resolve AWS server endpoints such as this:-xxxxxx-dbcluster.cluster-cbxmnibsv9i7.eu-west-2.rds.amazonaws.comIf I switch back to my Sky broadband ( which I daren't decommission yet!! ),  it resolves no pr...

jpgrace by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet keeps dropping out

For the last week my Internet has been dropping off for 30 seconds then it comes back on again. I have a hub 5 and keep getting 16 consecutive T3 timeouts plus US profile assignment change. I have had loads of these errors today. Can someone look ont...

Router clicking

My router has suddenly started to click  for no reason, I can get onto the internet no issues but the continual clicking is driving me mental. Any ideas as to why this is suddenly happening any help would be great. Cheers Pauline     [MOD EDIT: Subje...

Hub 3 Solid red light

My hub 3 has a solid red light. It is also warm to the touch. I have tried turning it off and also resetting it as per Virgin's online advice but the red light remains on. I have seen from another post that in this case a hub may need replacing. This...

KarenVM by Just joined
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Frequent daily dropouts and packet loss

Hi, Was wonderinfg if someone on the forum mods team could help?I'm experiencing frequent packet loss and drop outs on a daily basis. Note, my router is sat in modem mode and i'm monitoring both the gateway and an external service. Upon looking at th...

monks600 by Tuning in
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Virgin media connect app

I'm having a very similar problem.  It started with a WiFI pod not connecting with the App and several unsuccessful attempts at reinstalling using various locations. Next tried rebooting Hub 4, now the Hub and Pod both are not visible to the App yet ...

wld by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Daily Broadband Outages for the last moth

Hi.  I frequently experiencing daily broadband outages which last about a minute or two.  This happens at least twice a day and it's getting really frustrating .I have been through all the diagnostic steps and tried the usual rebooting of my Virgin S...

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 19.30.24.jpg
umbr3lla by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos