Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this an installation problem?

The_Red_Silence
On our wavelength

1000002331.jpg

1000002332.jpg

 Hello

I'm sorry to ask again but is this normal? This cable runs from the new brown box at the side of the house under the garden then to the Virgin media access point on the pavement.

My question is isn't it supposed to have a protective green conduit around it or is this cable "protected" in some other way from the elements.

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks to me that’s a fibre cable cover, not coax, fibre is inside, so it does not need a green extra cover. That’s why it’s got a green stripe on it to inform other contractors it’s a broadband cable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks to me that’s a fibre cable cover, not coax, fibre is inside, so it does not need a green extra cover. That’s why it’s got a green stripe on it to inform other contractors it’s a broadband cable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

IPFreely
Fibre optic

Indeed: you're looking at the protective conduit there. That's a microduct that'll have the actual fibre cable inside.

https://www.hexatronic.com/en/products/microducts-and-microduct-assemblies/direct-buried-thick-walle... 

Just FYI the stripe is there to help identify different ducts in a bundle. The green stripe itself doesn't mean anything. 

The_Red_Silence
On our wavelength

Thanks for all the help 👌