cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nameserver not resolving AWS server addresses

jpgrace
Joining in

Having real problems with VM not being able to resolve AWS server endpoints such as this:-

xxxxxx-dbcluster.cluster-cbxmnibsv9i7.eu-west-2.rds.amazonaws.com

If I switch back to my Sky broadband ( which I daren't decommission yet!! ),  it resolves no problem!  Annoyingly, with the Hub 5x,   I can't change the nameservers.      Speed apart, I'm not that impressed with VM so far.🙁

• When will the Hub 5x support modemMode, or allow configuration of DNS nameserver??
4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Customers with a DOCSIS Hub 5 ( maybe also a XGS-PON Hub 5x ?? ) have reported issues with DNS interception and resolution failures when Smart Security is Enabled in the VM Connect app.

Performing an  nslookup xxxxxx-dbcluster.cluster-cbxmnibsv9i7.eu-west-2.rds.amazonaws.com  may be seen to return the wrong IP and also an Alias that differs from the intended host name.

If this has any bearing on this thread, try with Smart Security Disabled in the VM Connect app.

jpgrace
Joining in

I can't see option for Smart Security in my VM Connect app.   Is this available with the Hub 5x ?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Its nice to know we still need modem mode to clean-up VM mess they do with these hubs.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @jpgrace,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm afraid that Smart Security currently isn't available for customers using a Hub 5x. Apologies.

Let us know if there's anything more that we can help with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!