Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! New hub 5 keeps dropping WIFI ETHERNET ok

I have recently received a new Hub 5. It is hard wired ethernet to the desktop and that always works but the wifi connection keeps disconnecting so that the mobile shows "connected no internet" There is bags of wifi signal if the strength indicator o...

MCB by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 Problems

I was offered a free upgrade from Super Hub to Hub 5, because they made it sound better.The Hub 5 largely works but some WiFi devices keep dropping down to very low speeds (like 0.2Mb/s, I even saw 1.2Kbps once). Resetting the Hub 5 might fix it for ...

bart7796 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 User Guide

I have just been offered the HUB 5 which I am keen to get.  But before I do, i'd like to check a few things.  Is there a comprehensive user guide/manual available in PDF form?Any help gratefully received.Bill

BillBudd by Superfast
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3.0

Hi,Can you lay the Hub 3.0 router on its side? Need to place it on a shelf but it won't fit stood up.Thanks Rob

Gixerob111 by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband and orange light

Our broadband has been intermittent for some time now along with an orange light on the router.I have turned everything off and on several times along with pin restarts for a minute.please help !! 路‍

Resolved! ORANGE LIGHT ON HUB 3

Good morning, My virgin WiFi Hub 3.0 has got a constant orange  light and our internet is working intermittently. I have tried a pinhole reset twice now but the light remains orange. Are there any tests that forum staff can run to check whether the r...

DPJ by On our wavelength
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 - Router v Modem mode

Hello all,I now have a hub 5, and all installed ok. My first setup was in modem mode, as I had with previous hub 4. Wi-Fi speeds not so good, and variable. I have tried Ethernet and max I got was around 800, but not often. I then tried router mode wi...

Festwit by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red lamp on router

Red warning lamp appears on front of WiFi router. WiFi intermittent. Drops out fairly regularly - often several times a day. Network adviser reports packet loss errors. 

Resolved! Intelligent WI-Fi Pods outage

HelloWe have been having issues for over a week with our intelligent Wi-Fi mesh system when all pods simultaneously lost connection with our Superhub 4 last Friday after several days of dramatic dips in broadband speed. We are on the Volt 1GB package...

JRFrank by On our wavelength
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudos

Lag spikes while gaming CoD

Hi Ryan and co, Hope all are well. I am having the exact same situation which started a couple months ago - I thought it would go away but anytime I start gaming (Call of duty multiplayer), there are lag spikes all over the place. I will get a latenc...