cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag spikes while gaming CoD

kawsarmiah8
Just joined

Hi Ryan and co,

Hope all are well. I am having the exact same situation which started a couple months ago - I thought it would go away but anytime I start gaming (Call of duty multiplayer), there are lag spikes all over the place. I will get a latency of 500ms every 30 seconds or so. This usually happens post 11pm at night. I’ve done some basic testing and followed the steps as per this forum, however no luck. 

This was not an issue for years so I’m surprised why this has suddenly popped up - online gaming is currently unplayable 😞

Was there a fix for this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kawsarmiah8 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community - please make your own forum thread for future reference 🙂 I have moved it in this instance.

I am sorry for the issues with the online gaming. I have done a system check and you are affected by a congestion issue. We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

The fault reference is F010547158 and the estimated fix date is tomorrow after midday. Please report back any issues after that time and we'll be more than happy to check for you.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill