cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - Router v Modem mode

Festwit
On our wavelength

Hello all,

I now have a hub 5, and all installed ok. My first setup was in modem mode, as I had with previous hub 4. Wi-Fi speeds not so good, and variable. I have tried Ethernet and max I got was around 800, but not often. I then tried router mode with pods. Not impressed with the Wi-Fi speeds, anything from 500-800, the latter only once, less than in modem mode. All the equipment I have at the moment is Wi-Fi 6 capable. I think it may be better for me to r3vert to modem mode. I would like to ask the community if there is any advice or opinion you would be willing to share, if I may be doing anything wrong, or anything I can do to improve and stabilise the speed as far as possible. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Hub 5's in Router mode have issues with their WiFi and DHCP servers.

As you have experience of Hubs in modem mode,  I'd suggest use the Hub 5 in modem mode with your own Router.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Hub 5's in Router mode have issues with their WiFi and DHCP servers.

As you have experience of Hubs in modem mode,  I'd suggest use the Hub 5 in modem mode with your own Router.

Festwit
On our wavelength

Many thanks for your reply. I will reconfigure to modem mode shortly. I’ll hang on to the pods for now, in the hope that VM may at some point iron out the issues with hub 5 and I may give it another go then.