Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

BN3 7N? Updates Mon 13th (assume 1GBps upgrade) placeholder

VM email advisement of local (Hove) upgrade after weekend with typically no further usefull detail offered so I’m assuming it’s part of 1GBps rollout?I monitor several Hub3’s on same cable segment (7060 ?) so this is a placeholder in case It goes “pe...

45AD2254-8277-4065-A04D-8E6C852E3D07.png 5ADEABB7-BAA8-457C-A56B-A3CD4334A81D.png
horseman by Alessandro Volta
  • 137 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 Intermittent Disconnections

Having installed a new Hub 5 a few days ago, internet has now been intermittently dropping for 20-30 seconds, around once or twice every hour. Wi-Fi network stays enabled, however shows 'connected but can't provide internet'. This includes wired devi...

magj03 by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How hot should the Hub 4 be to the touch?

Hi,I have been having streaming issues the past few days on my Nvidia Shield, which is connected via ethernet and usually I can stream 4k movies no problem.  I am on the 1GB serviceI have run a speed test on it and it and its stating download speed o...

Bosch EasyControl

Hi I see this is not a new problem, but had new Bosch Boiler installed today, with EasyControl wifi controller at first it connected to WiFi but not to internet now it won’t connect to WiFi has this issue been resolved with Not so easy controller vs ...

WiFi keeps disconnecting

I have had my installation on 21st April and since then the WiFi keeps disconnecting. I have followed the app instructions by turning, resetting and making sure all the plugs are correctly connected multiple times. Devices can connect to the WiFi for...

Updated router

I need an updated router. Ive had this one since the start of my contract almost 2 and a half years ago and it isn't working as well as I expect it to. 

Slow wifi

My WiFi is rubbish , intermittent all of the time, router in front toom , but can't get WiFi in conservatory or garden , but could get it last year no problems , put 2 WiFi extenders in to help but still it and miss , vigin keep saying they'll send m...

How to order a WiFi Pod?

Hi, I am only getting speeds of 16mb in my bedroom (the rest of the house is getting 280mb). I can’t seem to find how to order a WiFi Pod to help me boost the internet in that room, please help.  

Watchin8 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Red light on router

My hub3 router has a persistent red light on for 2 days and my WiFi has been intermittent. I have had 3 separate conversations today with VM and am still no further forward in solving this issue. Reading some similar posts on here there are replies f...

GL11 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos