cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bosch EasyControl

JohnSheridan64
Joining in

Hi 

I see this is not a new problem, but had new Bosch Boiler installed today, with EasyControl wifi controller 

at first it connected to WiFi but not to internet now it won’t connect to WiFi 

has this issue been resolved with Not so easy controller vs Virgin WiFi??

cheers

John

7 REPLIES 7

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Sounds like you have searched the forum but this thread offers some ideas

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Thanks for reply but nothing suggested appears to work… I just don’t understand why it seems so difficult?

Hi JohnSheridan64, thanks for the message. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the boiler, what error messages are you getting when connecting?

Have you reset the hub and boiler to see if anything changes?

How is the service since posting, can you confirm if there is still an issue with this?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Tried turn it off and on, the problem is now solved by turning smart WiFi off and only using 2.4ghz WiFi as the not so smart Bosch controller does not like 2.4 & 5ghz broadcasting and switching if I’d known before I would not have bought the Bosch EasyControl (not so easy control)

wifi will likely reenable at some point.

You can get a better router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode for it all to work

---------------------------------------------------------------

Client62
Hero

This is another example of a VM Hub in Router mode where the WiFi fails to allow devices to connect.

Thanks for coming back to us JohnSheridan64, its good that you have been able to resolve the issues 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L