Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Red light hub 3

Red light is on Hub and even though app is saying great connection to hub, download speed is 5mbps!!! Assuming my hub has had it?Tried reboot etc. And left in cook place just Incase it was the temperature.Cant contact virgin as out of hours and worki...

Cbgb1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi test results from connect app

Hi everyone I enquired with virgin to get some Pods.  The representative asked me to download the connect app and carryout tests in different rooms.I've done this and have the results do I have to submit them or can you explain what happens next.Sorr...

Poor response times and Post RS Errors

I've been feeling that my connection has been getting a bit sluggish lately.  On checking these helpful forums and then my Network Status - there were nearly a million Post RS Errors on the worst downstream channel (previous router reboot was a few w...

Mallinky_0-1683900366572.png
Mallinky by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

1gig Upload Upgrade

Seen a few 1gig upload speed uplifts on here and the VM Reddit recently and a few months ago, I know this stuff takes time but I am rather getting impatient with it all. First the Hub 5 rollout takes a year to 2 years, then they update their packages...

TeddyTRK by Superfast
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Security breach

I’m really concerned as someone (Colin A20) just tried to access our (Samsung) smart TV 3 times. The first 2 times, he disconnected straight away-the third time, we managed to press ‘Deny’.Shouldn’t our Virgin Media router have security such as a fir...

Seajga by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Just got Gig1 how to get a hub 5

Hi Folks!I just upgraded about 9 months into a 500 contract to gig1. The wifi coverage on this hub 4 has allways been pretty shocking and all the ethernet ports only support up to 1g so to get the full value out of my package i would need the 12.50 p...

How to order a Booster

Good Morning , I can see in this area that is complicated to order a booster or extra hub . I made the test with the app in 2 rooms of my flat and the signal is really poor . I am trying to find the option to order a booster or extra hub for free  bu...

Resolved! Router - upgrade from Super Hub 2

Hello I have been with Virgin for many years and have never had any upgrade. The router I have is the one I originally had fitted.  Can someone look into this for me please.     [MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Ghost Wi-Fi SSID

So the scenario I have. I had a virgin broadband contract at a now former address (been with them since the blueyonder days). I terminated this contract, returned the hardware as I was relocateing, completely ending my relationship with Virgin. My m...