Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Ping spikes / Packet loss

Hi all,Long story short, 2 engineer visits, 1 new hub 3 (original hub 3), 1 new hub 4 (replacing hub 3). A cable fix in the pit (minor break in cable insulation). Continued issues of high ping even after hub restarts. My immediate neighbour and one t...

tmortensen_0-1683486424372.png tmortensen_1-1683486572417.png

Orange light

I have recently started with Virgin, (Friday) and my hub 3 has had a steady orange light, I have carried out all the things advised on your app, can some one please advise how I get the white light it should be  thanks 

Wifi keeps dropping out

Hi,just wondering if anyone can help with wifi that keeps dropping out. In certain rooms of the house, the wifi is absolutely useless! I’ve used the Connect app and that says it’s fine and has good speeds but the connected devices say otherwise. I co...

bianca2 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Laptop won't connect to internet

Hello,I just moved house and took Virgin and Hub with me. My work laptop and two phones connected with no problems. My housemate's devices and the new TV did as well. My personal laptop, a Dell on Windows 10 will connect to the Hub but gets no intern...

smfox13 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 Power Light Red

The power light on my Hub 3 has been red for a couple of weeks now. I have tried all the usual reboot, reset, check temperature and location options. Calling 150 for help didn't. When I finally got a human they just told me the local TV was having is...

Exposed cable outside my house on the street

Hello,I have reported three times about an exposed cable on the path outside my house, and each time, I was told that an engineer would fix it. Unfortunately, it hasn't been fixed yet. I am not sure if the cable belongs to me or my neighbour because ...

Connect App not working.

Virgin installed a new router, now I can no longer use the Connect app, won’t find my router. Followed all the instructions, just keeps getting the same result. Any ideas? 

sonofken by Tuning in
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent broadband issues

Hi all,Unfortunately we have seen a repeat of an earlier issue which is causing intermittent broadband connectivity problems for some Virgin Media customers. We apologise again to those impacted our teams are continuing to work flat out to find the r...

ModTeam by Moderator
  • 112 replies
  • 5 kudos

No wall socket

Hi we have just moved in to our new home so I got the Virgin Media hub but we have no wall socket whatsoever and only few cables running in but I have tried all of them they are not working. I would like to book engineer maybe to come and install a w...

Ttsankov by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos