cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gig Upload Upgrade

TeddyTRK
Superfast

Seen a few 1gig upload speed uplifts on here and the VM Reddit recently and a few months ago, I know this stuff takes time but I am rather getting impatient with it all. First the Hub 5 rollout takes a year to 2 years, then they update their packages to create a 10/1 scale between download and upload speeds apart from their highest paying package....1gig. With BeFibre and Openreach Full Fibre knocking around my road now, I am really thinking the move and hassle will be worth. Would you guys recommend the best company that uses Openreach or if BeFibre are any good?

Also, if you can, provide an update on this whole Upload speed uplift - it's a complete myth that people don't need upload speeds this day and age, with cloud storage, photo uploads and video uploads becoming almost a daily occurrence I think the upload speed should have been doubled a lot sooner. VM are really falling behind.

Edward | VM 1 Gig Volt Package | Telephone | Hub 5 | VM 360 box | VM 360 Multi-Room x2 | I do not work for Virgin Media, all opinions are my own.
4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Some ideas here

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Client62
Legend

Best to check checked if your area supports 100Mb/s on the upstream

It is, my hub 5 has docsis 3.1 on both upload and download. Plus many months ago I was told by an engineer that my area was also ready for the new uplift 

Edward | VM 1 Gig Volt Package | Telephone | Hub 5 | VM 360 box | VM 360 Multi-Room x2 | I do not work for Virgin Media, all opinions are my own.

Link doesn't work