Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Turn off WiFi in hub

My VM is being fitted in a week and I'm planning my setup in advance and integration with my eero mesh WiFi.I've read that if you turn off WiFi in the VM hub, it turns itself back on which is not what I want, I want to completely disable WiFi in the ...

tonyw2 by On our wavelength
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wall brick damaged during installation

Not sure if I am posting at the right page.The Virgin Media installer drilled a hole in the external wall to feed the cable through and caused the brick damaged. Just use some glue to paste the loose pieces. The installer said he has nothing more he ...

IMG_2598.jpeg IMG_2599.jpeg
vchow by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet down again?

Seems like every month the fibre is down for at least 24 hours in my area (Surrey). And at least once a week it will be down for a few hours. Anyone else experiencing this at the moment, any ideas what the issue/issues would be?

D20GRRR by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can I ban a device connecting to my wifi

Can I ban a device from connecting to my WiFi? Basically, I notice this device always connected to my WiFi. I have no idea who's it is (might be one of the kids, they're denying it is) if I have the MAC or IP details of the phone ( I can get from vir...

CRAP CONNECTION

So when are these recent connectivity issues going to be resolved? Starting from complete outage Saturday night to disgustingly poor connection all day since ?Service status being continually updated with inaccurate estimated fix times, now that it f...

cc1805 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin media connect app not working

I got Virgin installed this week and have weak signal in our house. I have installed the Virgin media connect act as per virgins guidance.However, no matter what I try, on my pixel 6 phone or Chromebook, the app is unable to complete the "hub install...

T3 time out

 hey I’m continuing to see these no ranging response received-T3 time-out in my network log my connection when I’m trying to play my Xbox is really bad and it’s connected with a cat 6 Ethernet cable it’s been like this for 7 months now had about 10 e...

F3CC243D-3BB2-4276-A13B-05F42C083D74.png
Craig04 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Once again Virgin media services sucks

So once again Virgin media internet its dropping off causing connections issues or no internet at all. Well its no good if you offer high speed on download and upload but on a week of 7 days we can use ur internet just 3 days..the rest of 4 are issue...

Kattivix by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't access betting app

For some reason I cannot get on my betting app over mobile data or if using different wifi for example my parents.it works fine at home with my wifi on but as soon as I leave the house it stops working and says I'm in another country can anyone help....