Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 17 replies
  • 42 kudos

Connect app still reading old hub

I recently upgraded my hub but the connect app won't let me scan because my home network is still registered to my old hub. Its connected to my new hub and telling me what's connected, just won't let me scan the rooms. I've tried changing it but no l...

Niknak67 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! hub3 with permanent red light and warm to touch

My hub3 has has a permanent red light for a few days ... I have rebooted a few times, service seems same as always, getting good throughput, but the router is warm to touch.The router is in a well ventilated location, and for good measure ran the vac...

No connection

Hi, I'm using hub3, there is WiFi connection but no internet. Green light flashing, I've checked all the wires cables etc., Switched off and on few times, done two resets, there is no issues in area, but still not working. I need help 

RZag by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 red light of death!

Hi, hub 3 has the solid red light that a lot of people have been experiencing on here. Tried switching it off for a while and resetting it but the red light still remains. Luckily everything is currently working fine but does the hub need replacing? ...

Dre19 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Changing the ipaddress of the router

I have a Hub 3 router and don't want to swap the routers ip address but I need to use a different ipaddress for some work I do.I have an old netgear router but I can't get the ipaddress to stick within the settings of the netgear router.I also have a...