Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

VM Connect App on Android S11 working

It finally works!After several months of trying I have finally got my VM Connect android App to connect to my Hub5.Through very poor local service (OX1 - Postcode), I have had my hub3 replaced with hub5 and ever since the VM Connect App would never d...

kenrae by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub3 - solid red power light

Hi, my hub3, which I have had for almost 6 years, has recently started showing a solid red power light instead of the normal white light. Internet connectivity is all good and all my devices can still successfully connect to WiFi.Although the hub its...

boxer2 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband cable

Hi, the white broadband cable that goes from the wall to the router is broken, how can I get a new one? Thanks 

Resolved! Red light on Hub 3

Noticed a solid red power light on hub 3. It stands upright and with unrestricted ventilation although always feels hot. Powered off overnight but same problem this morning when powered back on. Have got internet on wired PC but wi-fi no longer worki...

Brown cable box broken

Hi there, new to community & just returned to virgin, I’m asking the same as a few posts I’ve seen, the brown cable box cover is broken outside the house, how do I get it replaced? Thank you 

WI-FI

I have just moved into a new house 6 weeks now I transferred my service been with virgin 5 years .  Anyhow our house has 3 floors and since we been installed we have no Wi-Fi downstairs the bottom floor daughters bedrooms .. I am fuming there is no c...

YM7 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi issues

been having ongoing problems regarding my WiFi in both bedrooms and also with my video doorbell, both tvs in bedrooms pixelate and freeze most of the time so I am having to run Ethernet cables through to both bedrooms from the hub in my living room a...

Weekly connection drops

Hello,On a weekly basis my internet connection briefly drops during the day. I notice this because I will be working on my laptop (connected via Ethernet) and either my Teams call or something else that relies on an Internet connection will stop work...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

RANT - WiFi pods.

Due to an issue with my hub dropping wired and wifi connections every few minutes I had to have a replacement sent out. This, in itself, was not an issue however the aftermath of it is still ongoing. When the new hub was sent out on the 18th July VM ...

paulbean by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos