cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I assign a specific device to a specific WiFi pod?

TheSavigars
Joining in

We have a Hub 5 and two WiFi pods in our house. The TV in our family room often connects via WiFi to either the Hub router at the other end of the house or to WiFi pod one upstairs and therefore shows as poor connection and this affects the streaming quality on the TV. 

Is there a way to permanently tell the TV in our family room to connect to WiFi pod two, also in the family room? Whenever it is, the connection is great and so is the streaming performance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Alessandro Volta

You can't assign a device to a given Pod.  The device is making the choice of VM Pod to use and some devices do make odd choices.  As the Hub and VM Pods all have the same SSID/Password we have no tools to force a choice. 

Had this been a question with retail Wireless Repeaters, it can be addressed by repeating the Wi-Fi on a different SSID e.g. from the Hub VM1234567 & from the repeater VM1234567_EXT1 we can then pick which WI-Fi service a device is to use or if it is a CCTV Camera etc only give it the connection we wish to be used.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

TheSavigars
Joining in

Please email me if there’s a response to my post

Client62
Alessandro Volta

You can't assign a device to a given Pod.  The device is making the choice of VM Pod to use and some devices do make odd choices.  As the Hub and VM Pods all have the same SSID/Password we have no tools to force a choice. 

Had this been a question with retail Wireless Repeaters, it can be addressed by repeating the Wi-Fi on a different SSID e.g. from the Hub VM1234567 & from the repeater VM1234567_EXT1 we can then pick which WI-Fi service a device is to use or if it is a CCTV Camera etc only give it the connection we wish to be used.