Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

VM Connect keeps disconnecting devices

Looking for any advice please.My iPad keeps re connecting from the VM Connect app when I try and and pause it.have rebooted, re downloaded and used a different device and still no joy.it happens a minute or two after pausing.thanks

AJ2023 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPhone won’t auto connect to hub 4

Hi just wondering if anyone has any ideas. My kids have iPhone 11s, hubby and I 13 pro max. Over the last week my husband and I have noticed when we leave the house and come back in the phones won’t auto reconnect. We have to go to WiFi settings and ...

ke11111y by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installation appointment

Hello! My installation appointment is booked for 05/02. I work from home and it is tremendously important to know early whether Virgin is able to provide a connection on the promised day.Is there a way to check this, please?Thank you

Resolved! Hub 4 overheating and electrical burning smell

Hi, yesterday my HUB 4 starting seriously overheating, I think possibly there were some sparks and there is an electrical burning smell coming off of it. a quick look suggests that the fan has burnt out, though I've not opened it up to look more clos...

SDSwann by Just joined
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi pods can't be found by Hub5

Recently got a Hub5 when upgrading to Gig1 and the 3 WiFi pods around the house wouldn't connect - Hub5 couldn't find them. Found a previous thread here that recommended contacting VM by phone to have them recommissioned (or something similar) for th...

Delays when connecting to internet

So I posted previously about a delay opening wab pages but it looks like everything has a delay. All phones and laptops tv’s and firestick have a delay when making a connection to the internet. I have disable the built in virgin firewall via the hub ...

Gazlof by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Dns error

My wifi to all devices upstairs drops out and when i troubleshoot connection it always says DNS error, abs obviously cant change dns in router settings, any ideas ?TIA