cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down for last 24 hrs. Any way to see how long it will take to fix?

Wifiguy99
Tuning in

Yesterday morning our broadband went down.

The hub 5x was flashing a red light and the status in the router web interface said "internet (offline)". I checked all internal wiring and restarted the hub several times throughout the morning but to no avail.

I checked the status in the app, on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status, by phoning 0800 561 0061and checking other online "down detector" sites. Frutratingly all these said there were no problems in our area. After spending a couple of hours trying various ways to get through to customer services I was told that they could see on their system that they couldnt reach my hub and I would get a text when its fixed.

Its now coming up to 24 hrs since that call and all the previous methods still say there is no problem detected and there are no engineer visits booked in my app. Is there any way to check the progress on this or get a rough ETA on it being fixed as I work from home and will need to look at other arrangements if its not up and running by Monday.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Wifiguy99,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you have been having this issue, as you have stated you are on our Hub 5x, you are part of our newer areas on the system, with this you would need to speak to our dedicated ringfence team to handle this, you can reach them on 0345 454 1111 and the system will place you through to them directly.

Joe