cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

I'd just like to add my voice to this.

Sony 4k TV, Sony soundbar, had V6 for a long time and never a problem but have now upgraded to TV 360 (same hardware) and audio constantly drifts out of sync (which means any sort of delay setting is useless).

I've tried multiple different configurations (Optical direct from V6 to soundbar, playing around with Dolby/PCM settings etc.) and no luck.

Really starting to wish I hadn't upgraded! 😒

Same here SWPT, in fact I don't use the term upgrade. I have a Panasonic Viera TV with a Sony sound bar, The best configuration I can find is to use an optical cable between the 360 and sub woofer, this was a pain as my cables are all hidden in the chimney and I have lost function with the 360 remote ironically the main reason for the so called upgrade was to ditch the extra remotes! Even now the lag creeps up after a while requiring a reboot of the sound bar.

Its been a disaster and Im running out of patience hopefully this thread will demonstrate the inherent fault and my name on it will be enough to get a backdated full refund through consumer rights law.

Everybody with this problem should add their name to this feed.

Absolutely! Irritatingly I renewed my package a few months ago, if I knew what I know now I would have looked for another option. 

Surely it can’t be beyond the wit of man to fix this problem. You have to ask what kind of testing was done prior to the software release.

Very unhappy…

I've posted on here a few times complaining about the problem.

My box has recently updated to version 4.34 though and it does seem to be much improved. I've switched from having Video set to 1080p (which made it bearable before) to Automatic and as I said it does seem to be improved to how Automatic was before (100% out of sync). 

Anyone else on 4.34 now? How is it for you? I'm using a Sonos Beam and Sonos Ones left and right.

And Virginmedia can you please let us know what is new in 4.34 and whether the update has addressed the problem? As in a proper technical list of what was released...

Please don't direct me to the usual Dutch site though as this only goes up to 4.33 (https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/Tips-van-Ziggo/Alles-over-de-software-updates-van-de-Mediabox-Next/ba-...)

*Edit: I will say though it's still not as in sync compared to watching the native apps on my TV - iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon etc, or terrestrial BBC, ITV, C4

4.34 here and sync is still awful (this is the only software version I've ever used as not been on TV 360 very long)

Can anyone from the Forum Team provide an update please?

Hi @Gadgetman5,

Sorry to hear you are also facing this issue and can understand the frustration caused. There is still a ticket open for this issue. Our teams are currently working on this and it is still in the process of being fixed.

Thank you in advance for your patience,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Russst
Joining in

Please add another disgruntled customer to the list. Constantly having to change the audio sync settings is becoming a real PITA. As others have said no problems with V6 or Tivo or previous boxes only 360. COME ON VIRGIN SORT IT OUT PLEASE.

roy247
Community elder

@Akua_A wrote:

Hi @Gadgetman5,

Sorry to hear you are also facing this issue and can understand the frustration caused. There is still a ticket open for this issue. Our teams are currently working on this and it is still in the process of being fixed.

Thank you in advance for your patience,

Hi Akua_A,

What's the open ticket number please.

Robert969
On our wavelength

Who do I need to contact to send in a compensation claim for all these months of not being able to use my soundbar with my TV due to a fault with your software. I am unable to use all the features of my TV and virgin package because of an issue that you either aren't interested in fixing or can't fix. The fact that this has gone in for so long has become a joke. It's cleary software related as many like myself are using the exact same hardware but have updated our boxes to the 360 software which has then caused the sync issue

No doubt the 'fix' will coincide with our next annual price hike...!