cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

I am having the same problem one day you try to get it right then next day is changed again I am getting very frustrated with this now.

This 360 update is not fit for purpose and should not have been released till it was right I have just renewed my contract so I am stuck with this RUBBISH and it does not look if we are going to get a fix anytime soon they are just covering their backs as if it is not fit for purpose we can all claim our money back it needs a few of us to do this but it might be worth a try to all get out our contracts and go somewhere else for our TV services

Hi there @ROBCALLY 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your audio sync! 

Can I ask if you also have a sound bar etc connected to your box if it just your TV and your 360 box? If you do have the sound bar have you been able to try the fixes mentioned earlier in the thread around page 2? 

Thank you. 

Yes I have a Sony soundbase connected I have had this connected before the 360 update and I had no problems with it whatsoever and since the update  have tried every setting possible and still no joy this needs sorting out as I am getting very frustrated with Virgin and I want out and get something in that is not floored. any ideas how to get out my contract I have not long signed up again.

Thanks if any one can help.

There isn't any fixes listed in the thread. These are all just workarounds to mitigate the issue until it actually gets fixed. How is disabling sound features and settings and connecting your system up in a sub optimal way a "fix". We should be able to use all the options and features to there full without making compromises. Especially when most peoples set ups work completely fine with the exact same hardware and the issues only occurred after a SOFTWARE change when upgrading to 360.

SWPT
Tuning in

FAO  @Ashleigh_C and other Virgin Media staff:

As other posters have described there is without doubt is an issue with the software on the TV 360 box which is affecting a large number of people. For some of us there are inconvenient workarounds, and for others (like myself) none of the suggestions in this thread (or other threads) have worked to remove the audio sync issues.

My main message to you and the other Virgin staff on these forums is please can you do as much as possible to chase the progress of a 'fix' and to stress to the relevant people that this issue is ongoing and affects many people, and was not present until they upgraded from V6 to TV360 (i.e. customers are using identical hardware which was previously fine)

ROBCALLY
On our wavelength

I am now looking into this as I have stated as this UPGRADE IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE and it could be a way out of my contract and leave Virgin without penalty as the evidence is on this forum as nothing is being done about this problem and I don't think that Virgin is taking this problem seriously.

I wonder if an email to the Watchdog TV program may help our situation ?

alehi1989
Tuning in

Has anyone had a suitable response here? The ‘response’ is just someone’s musings expressing that somehow it got fixed after multiple attempts. Not helpful at all. Is there a way of returning back to previous version as this 360 is not fit for purpose.

No proper response yet just Virgin Media are ‘working on it’ - Can’t imagine it would be that difficult as many of you suggest the previous software version didn’t do this… I however am new to Virgin and I currently watch most things through the TV apps due to the incredibly poor audio syncing coming from the 360 box to the TV/Soundbar! What a waste of £80 per month… My internet isn’t the best either!

Please can this be escalated to the highest level… it is ridiculous that people have been complaining about this since the 360 box / upgrade came out 10 months ago or whenever it was! 

Still no sign of a resolution then  surprize surprize ?