cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box no longer connects via WIFI

Mint2323
On our wavelength

Would someone be able to assist?

We have multiple V6 boxes and 1 of them no longer can connect via WIFI.

Using an Ethernet cable will work but this is not ideal for its location.

I have moved our boxes around to test and the problem remains with the same V6 box not being able to find any WIFI networks (even if next to the router).

Are we able to get a replacement V6 box?

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mint2323 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear of the connection issue with the V6. Have you tried a reset of the box to see if this fixes it?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Mint2323
On our wavelength

Hi John

Thank you for responding.

I missed your post, sorry for my delayed response.

I can confirm, I have tried a reset and the result is the same.

Could it need an update on the software side?

Thanks for confirming this @Mint2323.

DO you happen to have our Connect app at all? With this it might be that you have paused the device and this is why it is the only thing affected and having no connection to the WiFi.

Joe

Norette
Joining in

I have had a similar issue with my V6 box. We have two V6 boxes but since Februarynmy V6 box is constantly disconnecting from the internet and i am constantly having to reboot the box. When this happens my son's V6 box is fine and he is also able to play on Xbox live and use his mobile. Both boxes are downstairs and router is upstairs and connected with an ethernet cable to our pc which we currently don't use as it needs to be upgraded. On checking network settings signal strength is showing 100 per cent but on my V6 box maximum I am recieving at times is 50 per cent but constantly drops and at times has dropped as low as 37 per cent. When I check the other V6 box it shows between 80 to 100 per cent. Not getting anywhere with faults team and 2 engineer visits. I have made a complaint and this has been open since the issue  arose. The router and V6 boxes have been in the same locations for years and have never had any issues like this before. I just wish like you they would get this fixed. Help us virgin.

Mint2323
On our wavelength

Hi Joe

Thank you but I can confirm we do not use or have the Connect App.

It's the one box giving us issue, and it works but has no WIFI function so in turn will not update the TV guide which is annoying. At the moment every week I will connect via ethernet cable for 30 mins to get the guide updated but is unrealistic for a long term solution.

Await to hear.

Hi @Mint2323 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill