cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match frame rate on or off?

LM001
Tuning in

Very simple question to some, and hopefully a simple answer. My tv, as is the case with a lot of modern tvs runs at 60hz I’m led to believe not 120hz as the high end ones do, so the frame rate pull down(?) doesn’t full mask the judder I’m led to believe - does the ‘match frame rate’ remove all judder for anyone? I’m still getting it/can’t tell the difference, though I suspect it’s more a tv issue. I’m not tech saavy so any tips would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

I'd recommend enabling since the TV will playback at the same framerate as the signal, rather than try 'filling out' to 60Hz.

roy247
Community elder

If having it set to on cures your problem then leave it set to on, the main reported problem has been with Netflix where the screen might miss some frames when the films frame rate is detected and changed, also with Netflix users have had problems with it loading when set to on but switched off it loads OK.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

This is not a very simple question and it's too late for a lengthy response. For broadcast TV is probably makes little difference but other sources like so-called 24p (actually 23.976p as in all of my blu-rays) are trickier. You have to experiment as a lot depends on whether your TV supports a refresh rate of 120Hz and/or variable frame rate to display 24p with minimal problems. As a general rule I think OLEDs are more advanced than LEDs in this respect. I have match frame rate enabled on my devices and content is displayed well on my Philips OLED805.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection