cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video unavailable sky sports app.

Andy454
Joining in

Hello. Just joined today and hoping to get some help with a sky sports app problem. 

We get sky sports via virgin and have downloaded the app on to 2 android phones. It works well.  Decided to buy a new android tablet to watch tennis. It worked perfectly for 24 hrs then stopped. The message that keeps coming up is "video unavailable try again later ". It still works with prerecorded video but not live tv. The tablet works for live tv on bbc i player. 

I have tried everything to get it to work, deleted the cache and memory, logged off and on, deleted the app and downloaded another from Google store.  I have done this repeatedly but it still won't work. 

I have read other posts from people who have the same problem. The tablet has stacks of memory and works via our virgin wifi.

• Can anyone out there help???? I would much appreciate some advice.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The common cause of this message is if the device is using a VPN. Some antivirus products also encrypt data by default. Sky does not allow access through VPNs or encrypted channels as it can mask someone trying to view content from outside the UK. Make sure any VPN etc is turned off, & then the live channels should work.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The common cause of this message is if the device is using a VPN. Some antivirus products also encrypt data by default. Sky does not allow access through VPNs or encrypted channels as it can mask someone trying to view content from outside the UK. Make sure any VPN etc is turned off, & then the live channels should work.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @Andy454, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced when trying to watch tennis on your new tablet.

Can you please address the points raised by @nodrogd to give us a better understanding of the overall fault/setup?

Thanks,

David_Bn