cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

Hi roy247,

Thanks for posting. We have just checked the faults ticket, and unfortunately there are no further updates at this present time.

We appreciate the fix date was advised Sunday the 27th, however this has been extended currently.

We're working as quickly as possible to get this issue resolved, and appreciate your patience.

Kind regards Jodi. 

DarkLord1
On our wavelength

So Jodi_S was this just another load of bull? Was there an update? If there was an update I take it it didn't work. Or was there nothing and it was just another fobbing off?

Not sure this is going to help.. The update is summarised as they’re still working on it as Jodi’s message.. so will have to keep waiting

Hi DarkLord1,

Please be assured this is not a brush off. Unfortunately we do not have any further information about the update at this present time.

I appreciate this is not the answer you were looking for, and that you and our other members want an answer to this issue.

Rest assured we are working to get this fixed as soon as we possibly can.

Once again we appreciate your patience with this matter.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Tommo881
On our wavelength

Hi Virginmedia

Re: F009175618

I think it's been about a week since the SLA has not been met so it's time for a reminder that we are waiting for a fix.

Please can you provide an update. At least tell me what the team working on this are saying, where they are at on it and their new expected time of delivery? Or is F009175618 just something made up and there is nothing being done about it? Or has it even been marked as non-fixable? Be honest.

I guess you could keep this rolling and rolling and rolling saying "we'll update you when we know more..."

Thanks.

Just bumping this as it's been another week. Any update on this issue?

I've posted this before but for me and others in this thread the sync problem is specific to Dolby Digital and appears to be related to the way the new TV 360 software upscales the picture to the resolution of the TV.

The older Tivo software actually displayed the same sync problem but allowed you to pass through the signal at whatever resolution it arrived at, without upscaling, which resolved the problem.

I'm confident that adding the same option to the TV 360 boxes will resolve this issue for many.

The problem continues. 

The sound of ventriloquist dummies is deafening.

How many months need to pass before it is fixed?

It's an absolute joke!

Thanks for coming back to us Garwoofoo

We still have the ticket open for this fault and we hope to have an update very soon.

We appreciate the patience that you're showing us on this matter

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi leicesterfan, 

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies that this is still ongoing. I appreciate it must be frustrating. 

It looks as though the fault ticket is still open and we don't have an update I'm afraid. As soon as we c=do, we will pop an update across to you. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

fwilson84
On our wavelength

I had started another thread and someone pointed me to this one. According to a reply on the one I posted, the ticket on this thread has now been closed. I’m still experiencing the same issues. Anybody else noticed the issue being resolved?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Virgin-360-audio-sync-issues/m-p/4799824/highligh...