cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 isn't using WiFi 6

LaRusso
Tuning in

I received and set up my new Hub 5 a couple weeks ago, and for the first hour the little number 6 showed up next to the WiFi signal indicator. It was there for about an hour and hasn't been seen since. Looking at the stats it says WiFi 5.

Any ideas on how to get it back to 6?

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LaRusso
Tuning in

So after talking to VM CS it turns out the WiFi pods aren't WiFi 6 compatible and that's the issue. Very odd. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Use a better router

---------------------------------------------------------------

LaRusso
Tuning in

So after talking to VM CS it turns out the WiFi pods aren't WiFi 6 compatible and that's the issue. Very odd. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"WiFi pods aren't WiFi 6 compatible" another reason for not using Pods, but on the other hand most people do not actually need what WiFi 6 offers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAIK the very latest black pods are WiFi 6.  These look like a small Hub 5 and have a wired plug so can be better positioned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oh that's interesting. I suppose they're not widely available yet as the guy I spoke to at CS said these white ones were the latest out. 

Yeah they are available mate and should be given out with the wifi 6 promise n slogans n hub also you should be able to connect to the hub directly on a high band with wifi 6 (even if you switch pods off as wifi 6 stronger and great apparently as it says on the virgin bill to test it / mines not workin properly either ) 

would be nice to have a box with all the kit new pods and some nice complete setup and a courtesy check it’s perfect to go alongside the new contract they give us wouldnt it

for 9 years I’ve spent hours on the phone everytime I upgrade , everytime they make some improvement on the networks n servers and everytime something just goes wrong 

and I pay 80 a month nearly for volt gig one but they dish it out at about 45-55 to new people 

THANKS VM  … your loyal customer soon to be a decade into the VM dream 🤩

Client62
Legend

VM is not a Hotel California.