cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pods 'fair' connection and internet running slow/intermittently dropping

Pink_Pixie
Joining in

I previously had the Hub 3 and x1 WiFi Pod (white) for 2 years and changed to the Hub 5 and x1 WiFi Pod (white) 9 months ago. The Hub and Pod has been in the same place for almost 3 years, connection status across the Hub and Pod has always shows as 'great' on the Connect App, no changes to the number of devices/usage etc but for the last 2-3 weeks I've been getting low internet speeds (struggling to open browser pages, video calls dropping connection/packets) and intermittent WiFi as well as the WiFi Pod dropping connection.

I contacted VM 2-3 times and was told to reset my Hub and they'll review for 24 hours, which ends in being told my connection is 'great with no issues'. On the last call I requested an additional Pod to see if that makes a difference but it hasn't. I first tried using the new Pod in the exact same place as the previous one but still had the same issues with status showing as 'fair'. I then connected the second Pod in between the Hub and new Pod but still having the same issues but status for both Pods showing as 'fair'.

I'm confused as to why my internet is suddenly struggling despite having the same set up for the last 3 years although now with an additional Pod. The only solution proposed by VM is to upgrade my internet speed (currently have the M350 Volt speed boost) which comes with a 18 month contract extension.

Setup is Hub > Pod 1 in the hallway (next room from the Hub) > Pod 2 at the top of the stairs directly above Pod 1.

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pink_Pixie 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your WiFi at this time. 

I have checked the systems at our side and cannot see any issues that might affecting your service either with your hub specification or within in the area. 

Your WiFi is also showing as a great score at our side at this time and I cannot see any recommendations to change any of the locations/positionings of the pods you have. 

Do you find that it's only one device you have issues with when loading browsers or devices in certain areas of the home still?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley