cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Hi @rob99x thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry you're having issues receiving your verification text messages.  As a company we are aware of this issue and we're working to resolve it.  I am sorry for any inconvenience this issue may be causing you.

Regards

Lee_R

rob99x
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply Lee.

I have several numbers with Virgin Media (for the family) and I'd like to give VM a chance to resolve this. What is the best method for me to speak to someone? I see others have mentioned the 'executive team' and there is a number I can see for that.

It's good to know that VM are aware of the issue, however VM seem to have been aware of it for over a year. I literally have days before I will need to move to another provider. I am currently locked out of multiple financial services accounts.

Regards

If you do not have an open/active complaint, you would need to call 0343 600 789 or 789 free from our landline or mobile service.

Regards

Lee

rob99x
On our wavelength

I phoned 789 and received a response within 15 seconds. Excellent!

Response was that this is a problem that has occurred in the last few days. Maybe this is a new problem - we'll see. He said he was collating the numbers of people who have complained and is passing the numbers to a second line support team to fix. 'It will be fixed within 24 hours" - I think I have heard that somewhere before...

Meanwhile I have tried all the proposed solutions in this thread without success. I have also ordered a SIM from another supplier as fortunately I have a dual SIM 'phone. I may have to change all my accounts requiring two factor authentication to this alternative supplier temporarily which is a massive pain. Ultimately I will leave VM if they cannot fix this as it is simply too inconvenient to live with.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update @rob99x

I'm glad to hear the team were able to advise you on this.  

We haven't had any updates on our end in terms of a time frame but please be sure to update us on how things perform after the 24 hour time frame and we'll chase this up for you on our end. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I am having similar issues.

Have been going on for a few months but reached crisis point yesterday when i realised i couldn't set up an account at gov.uk for the covid travel form as i couldn't receive an SMS from them and they offer no alternatives.

For whatever reason i can't receive SMS OTP's from Government, Yorkshire building society, Booking.com and presumably others.

Yet i do receive OTP's from Nationwide and Microsoft and all personal SMS's.

Settings were supposedly reset yesterday with no effect, so next line of attack is a new SIM. If this doesn't work i'll be forced to change network, as this is too important not to work.

I'll post again when new SIM is tested.

Andy

rob99x
On our wavelength

I tried an hour ago and it still doesn't work. Like Andy, personal SMSs are coming though fine for me as well - it's just two factor authentication codes/One Time Passwords which are the problem. 

I have a new SIM from Vodafone in the mail to me at the moment.

jaf2013
Tuning in

when is this issue going to be fixed???

I am a new customer/member and have just signed up to 2 seperate new 5G sims with 100GB data each month (costing £32 p/m, every month!) and now we discover we cannot get OTP messages....

I cannot access my Amazon account AT ALL because I cannot get their OTP messages through either

this is simply unacceptable....

start issuing partial refunds or £ credit amounts onto customers accounts....

Hi jaf2013

We are aware of this and will haver it fixed as soon as we can 

Gareth_L

cluster76
Dialled in

Still having issue with OTP, has been ongoing for weeks.  Is there any fix for this?