cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 migration while I am abroad - Services will be disabled after 5 days??

cleuch
Joining in

I have just received an email saying that I will be switched over to o2 on 2nd September.

As I will be abroad at the time, the email says I will need to switch over manually using a new SIM (sent to my address)[, when my services are disabled c. 5 days after switch over date. ie. 7th September.

However I will not be returning to the UK until at least the 23rd September.  What will happen to my services until then?  As I read this, my services will be disabled on 7th September unless I switch over the SIM, which of course I can not actually do,  as I am not at home to receive the new SIM.

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @cleuch 👋 Welcome back to our forum an thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you're going to have no service after this sim is sent. We do have a lot of information here for the migration to O2. We do give customers as much notice as possible for this switchover.

I'll be happy to check this further for you so I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be checked.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

cleuch
Joining in

Thank you.  I have not received any communication on this until today, and it can't be an unusual scenario that a customer is abroad at the time of switch over for more than 5 days and so will have their service affected.