cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Everything You Need To Know

SimonG
Joining in

Hi

Sorry if this has been answered else where but I can't seem to find the info.

We received an email last week saying "on 6th December your home phone service will switch to our fibre network". We immediately ordered and then installed the hub over the weekend just gone (Sat 23 Sept). Like others here we have it in modem only mode for better wi-fi coverage and to suit the set up we have at home.

I was sort of expecting to plug our phone in to the Hub and it working straight away. When I log on to the hub via a browser it says the "Telephony(Disabled)".

The reason for the confusion is later in the email it says "if you don't book before 13th October you'll only be able to receive inbound calls or dial 999" then "after 6th December 2023 your services will stop working correctly".

I guess on the 6th December I need to unplug our landline phone from the wall socket that seems to still work and move it to the Hub? Before the 6th December I leave in plugged into the wall socket? Or should the landline phone work via the Hub now? The reason this is important is both our parents only call on our landline number and it is relatively important we maintain the service with minimal interruption, I don't want to get to 6th December and not have the landline number service unavailable.

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SimonG,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's great that you've got everything ready for the forthcoming switchover. You can keep your landline set up and connection via the wall socket for now. Once the local switchover in your area is complete and the landline no longer works, you can then connect it to the router via the adapter.

Let us know if you have any other queries or concerns.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!