cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Mums phone line been disconnected - Help please?

Raju01
Joining in

Hi

Please can someone from Virgin Media help me that isn't based in a call centre abroad?

The issue is my mums phone line appears to have been disconnected by Virgin due to the fact a migration from copper lines to fibre optic lines.

My mum and her partner are elderly and only have a home phone (no internet, mobiles etc). My mums partner is terminally ill and needs the phone line for emergency services quite regularly. They do not have mobiles etc so the phone line is critical. 

They received very little communication about the switchover except a phone call from a call centre in India which they initially thought was a scam. I advised them it wasn't but by that time their account restricted and I called on their behalf and asked if an engineer to attend their home to sort the migration. I was advised someone would be in touch with my mum to arrange an appointment for the engineer to attend. 

Without any warning or call to arrange the same, an engineer turned up at my mums premises which they were not expecting and which startled them a little. The engineer then advised as furniture and my mums partner who is disabled was blocking access to where he needed to be that someone would have to come back out after the blockages had been removed. He advised someone would be in touch to arrange a new appointment. 

No one has been in touch and now the switchover of phone lines appears to have happened and because my mums property has not been updated her phone line has been disconnected and account closed. 

The lack of communication first of all has been just unacceptable. My mums partner has recently been diagnosed with a terminal illness and the phone line is critical to them. 

I have called the customer service number last saturday and been advised a reconnection request had been made and the phone would be working again in 72 hours. It still isnt working today!

I've called today and been advised that reconnecting is not possible until the engineer has been out to complete the migration, but they now cannot send an engineer out as my moms account has been closed. This is just a joke. 

I have now been advised that my mom will need to open a new account. 

Can someone from Virgin please help that isnt in a call centre as they simply keep fobbing me off saying there is nothing they can do. 

If my mums partner cannot call an ambulance and help cannot get to him quickly then there is a risk he can die sooner than his anticipated life expectancy. 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Raju01 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that your Mum has lost her phone line and I can fully understand how distressing this would be. I would like to see if we can get this sorted for her via a private message. 

I will pop you one over now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Raju01 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that your Mum has lost her phone line and I can fully understand how distressing this would be. I would like to see if we can get this sorted for her via a private message. 

I will pop you one over now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.