cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MMZ

The team are entirely aware of the issue and a cause is being investigated as our support teams look to resolve this, my apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I moved to EE - have had no problems since!

But ironically, Virgin Mobile uses the EE network - so it makes you think perhaps Virgin Mobile haven't paid their bill....

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'The team are entirely aware of the issue and a cause is being investigated as our support teams look to resolve this, my apologies for any inconvenience.'

Once again, the ubiquitous 'cut and paste' that VM have been fobbing us off with for the last 15 MONTHS. 

TRUTH IS, VM have no 'support team' or 'IT department' , and so, 15 moths on, NOTHING has been done, and NOTHING will.

Lets face it, if after all this time, they STILL don't have a clue what is wrong, what chance is there of ever getting it fixed?

Fed up with being told LIES... and repeatedly 'fobbed off' with excused and apologies.  VM quick to take the money every month, but not so quick to provide the BASIC SERVICES we pay for!! 

EVERY other network has NO PROBLEM with OTP/2FA, EXCEPT VM!!!  

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HughJarsse,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to this ongoing issue. We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. We're doing all we can to have this issue resolved. Any further updates will be posted on this thread.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @ ,

Are you able to share where the investigation are currently focused into?  I too am experiencing the same problems as others here and can suggest the issue is either down to the SIM or users' number.  I have 2 phones in the house hold; OTP works on Phone 1 but not Phone 2. Phone 2 has been replaced with new phone but existing SIM.  Phone 2 still has OTP issues.  This is not a phone settings issue but a backend IT or SIM issue.

Any informative update would be appreciated.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @breezefly,

We do not have any information we can give out at this moment in time, as previously stated.

Any updates will be updated on this thread, sorry for the delay.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Gg92
On our wavelength

I had the issues for over 6 months. New sim did not improve the situation.  I contacted the Executive Team & the problem was resolved by adjusting some of the settings on my mobile.

If you read some of my previous posts, the solution to my issues are there.

Good luck

Thank you for your suggestion @Gg92 however I had already tried all the suggestions in the thread before posting.  In your situation it appears you have a dual-sim setup which indeed may have caused your issue and you may find it doesn't work if you switched the SIM priorities around?  A call to the Executive Team may be needed to properly register the issue.

rob99x
On our wavelength

I've had intermittent problems over the last few months (ever since getting a VM SIM) receiving OTP text messages. Last week it stopped working completely for Virgin Money two factor authentication texts. For the last two days it has stopped working completely for Interactive Investor. Spent an hour yesterday trying to get Virgin Media customer services to respond. Then nearly another hour while someone who clearly didn't speak very good English said they'd "changed some configuration setting and it should work within 24 hours". Surprise, surprise, 24 hours later it is exactly the same. I really don't fancy wasting  another two hours with customer services. Any help very much appreciated!