cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline/phone problem

ajd58
Joining in

First of all can someone please tell me why its so difficult to talk to anyone or report an issue on VM? I seem to be going round and round in circles navigating the help pages. I`ve started this reporting process so many times I`ve almost given up but for the fact I`m paying for a service I`m not receiving.

Problem: The landline can receive and make calls that only last for 6 minutes. After that there is beeping noise that gets louder and louder until eventually it is impossible to hear or speak.

Have done the required checks (unplugging, checking wires, replacing batteries on both handsets etc) but have not been able to fix the problem. There are no issues on the landline according to the status so I don`t know what else to do. I want to book an engineer but can`t speak or live chat to anyone to do this. Discuss.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ajd58 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your landline at this time. 

I have checked the systems at our side and cannot see any issues that might be causing this. Does the same issue happen on multiple numbers? Both landline and mobile numbers for example or just certain numbers? Are you able to check if the same issue occurs when testing another landline phone? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ajd58 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your landline at this time. 

I have checked the systems at our side and cannot see any issues that might be causing this. Does the same issue happen on multiple numbers? Both landline and mobile numbers for example or just certain numbers? Are you able to check if the same issue occurs when testing another landline phone? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

All landline numbers that I have used present this problem - each after 6 minutes of using.

I dont ring mobile numbers from the landline

Thanks for that @ajd58  

Are you able to check if the same issue occurs when testing another landline phone? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

As said previously I just have the 2 handsets. This has come at such an awkward time as I am in contact with hospital following recent operation and forthcoming radiotherapy appointments. I`m not keen on using my mobile for this. 

Hi ajd58

We understand - we'll drop you a private message so we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Beth

Still waiting for a reply 24hrs later.

Deadwood1
Tuning in

For a so called communication company I find it amazing that it's so frustrating to get to speak to anyone that understands the problem being reported . I have been trying since December and I wonder why I'm paying for something I can't get...it was far better when it was Eurobell with the call centre in the UK...

Hi aj58

I'm sorry for my delayed response - it looks like one of your PMs didn't come through properly. I've now sent my reply to you via PM.

Whilst we'll aim to respond to messages as soon as possible, the Community Forums are not an instant response channel. 

Beth