cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone switch to fibre

Meropes
Tuning in

Since October I have been receiving text messages saying I'm going to be switched to fibre in February 2024. I'm given the option to request a callback if I need technical help. Each time I have done this and then I never get called. A month passes and I get another email or text with the same message about the switch. It's freaking me out because my router is nowhere near my home phone handsets or wires and I am worried Virgin is going to leave me without a landline. I need a landline because on my north London road, the mobile signal is terrible. It's impossible to get through to Virgin for help and I feel abandoned and vulnerable.

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Meropes,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

The call backs may happen closer to the time of your migration, we can help with any questions that you may have here and arrange for a technician visit to re-arrange your connections to be able to move your landline near your router or vice versa. We will not leave you without a landline service after or before the changeover. 

Kind Regards,

Steven

Meropes
Tuning in

Steven

Thank you. How do I arrange a technician visit? Virgin Media may need to drill holes in walls, which we might not want. It would be very helpful to arrange a visit sooner rather than later so that I understand what Virgin Media would need to do to my house in order to continue to provide me with a landline service.

Thanks for coming back to us Meropes, I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L