cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub 5 WiFi pods

Noggin1966
Dialled in

Just installed new hub 5 router. All good, except my three WiFi pods are not connecting to the router. 
I get continuous flashing white lights.
Can anyone help?  
have obvs tried turning both router and pods on & off 

41 REPLIES 41

Thanks Kath. I’m pleased to say the pods seemed to work with no configuring on my part, just a case of plugging the new hub in.

I guess it will sort itself out in a few days but my connect app doesn’t seem to be working properly since installing the hub 5. Any tips?

I am having the same issue: new hub 5 installed and  Internet connected ok.   Hub not recognised on connect app for first few days.   Hub recognised on connect app but  3 pods still not connecting.  Showing  on app with exclamation mark - can't connect to hub.   Have tried removing pods from the  connect app with a view to reconnecting  pods - pods not now recognised and now not showing at all on the connect app.  I need these pods to work as soon as possible for my ring doorbell 

Hey @Vpvp,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, for me to look into this I will need to confirm some information with you in a private message.

Joe

Jimmyk8458
Joining in

I have exactly the same issue, Hub 5 installed yesterday and can't get the WiFi Pods to work since. I've tried all of the suggestions within this thread so far

Hi @Jimmyk8458 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi

I am left very frustrated that after 4 calls to VM I am still without a working pod.  I even upgraded to hub 5 to get WiFi guarantee lol.  

Every call results in getting put on hold then same questions around lights flashing etc.  Does nobody add notes to my account so that follow up calls can progress towards a solution?

Black wifi pod sat next to router and just pulses white.  Tried all the same things people here have tried and nothing works.  Have now raised a complaint.

When I ask if pod is registered to my account it gets glossed over.  Nobody investigates that.

Today was last straw 30 mins chat then put on hold then cut off.  Thought maybe would get a call back but agent prob thought her lucky day and just moved on to next call.

Connect app unhelpful also.

Customer since blueyonder days and considering a new ISP if I am honest.

Hello sgmiller.

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you have had no support getting the black booster set up.

It's an easy fix from here, please don't worry at all.

I will need to ask a few security questions to access the account first.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message.
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the issue is now resolved. Do you require any more as you can have up to 3 maximum?

Not sure how many devices you have connected to the WIFI, but if you have say more than 20 it's worth getting another Pod sent out?

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth, are you able to help me with this issue please? I also have a new hub5 and cannot connect the 2 pods we have to it.

thanks

Samgreg123
Joining in

I am also having the same issue with my hub5 and 2 existing pods not connecting. If someone form the VM team could private message to help out that would be great, thanks