cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Poor WiFi

jonwoods83
Joining in

Hi, I recently re joined VM for broadband from Sky due to the increased speeds but am experiencing WiFi issues with the Superhub 3 supplied. 

The signal, stability and speed are unusable when I go out of the room the hub is located. I called VM on Sunday and after being passed from different departments I was told I need to upgrade to WiFi max for £8 a month extra for any guarantees on WiFi speed etc. 

As I’m in the first week of the contract I told them to cancel the service as I’m not paying extra for something that Sky and BT equipment offers as standard.

I was then told the only thing they can do is send me a Superhub 5 as this should improve the WiFi performance. I agreed and was told it would need to be authorised by a manager but will be sent for Tuesday 30/04 (today) and I would receive a Yodel email when it’s been dispatched. 

No email was received so I called up again yesterday to be told it will be with me in 10 days. 

Im pretty concerned about it now as if the Superhub 5 doesn’t arrive in the next week I am probably outside the cooling off period to cancel the service. 

I was previously with VM about 6 years ago and left for similar reasons despite several engineer visits the WiFi is still poor, I was given the Superhub 3 the last time I was with them.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This is just a scheme to drag you over the 14 days so you can't cancel. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Client62
Legend

Why not address your Wi-Fi issue with a suitable Wireless MESH or Access Points.
That way you would own the MESH / APs and the model of VM Hub or even ISP would not matter.

Thanks for your reply. I haven’t looked at a mesh network as I generally find adding extra devices in the network negatively affects things like sky q boxes etc. 

What sort of mesh product could I look at? I assume it requires putting the router into modem mode? 

Thanks again 

Client62
Legend

It is hard to imagine why better Wi-Fi coverage would affect a Sky-Q box.

A Wi-Fi Mesh in Access Point mode is used with a VM Hub in Router mode.
A Wi-Fi Mesh in Router mode is used with a VM Hub in Modem mode.

Amazon etc have various Wi-Fi Mesh from well known brands.