cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Moving

KelseaJ
Joining in

I'm not getting the WiFi I paid for with the router in the downstairs area as my computer is upstairs. Is it possible to get it moved upstairs to the back bedroom and have the cable come from the outside instead of going through the floor

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That may be possible if there is a suitable cable route around the outside of the house, but moving the Hub will probably move the WiFi dead zone somewhere else where you need coverage.

You'd be better off investing in a decent WiFi system, or using the VM pods if you qualify for free ones. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I don't need coverage for the entire house just the upstairs bedroom, how would I check if we have this cable route?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is there an open wall along the side of the house where the cable can be run?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes

Hi @KelseaJ,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your Wi-Fi reach in certain areas of the home. What troubleshooting have you performed thus far in an effort to improve things?

We can rearrange the install if you wish by sending out an engineer, but there would be a £25 call out fee to do that. If that's something you're happy to go ahead with let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!