cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub 5 WiFi pods

Noggin1966
Dialled in

Just installed new hub 5 router. All good, except my three WiFi pods are not connecting to the router. 
I get continuous flashing white lights.
Can anyone help?  
have obvs tried turning both router and pods on & off 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carrilloja
Joining in

I have the same issue, just installed the Hub5 and the wifi pods does not work.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

41 REPLIES 41

carrilloja
Joining in

I have the same issue, just installed the Hub5 and the wifi pods does not work.

Jus rang VM and they said they needed to be activated to the new hub. 
should get a message when this is done apparently

VM really need to tell you this when they send you a new router don’t they? 

Questrius
Tuning in

I have the same problem too, been trying for 48 hours to get someone to help, but no luck so far. Be grateful if someone from Virgin could contact me as I’m constantly coming up against barriers that prevent me talking to anyone.

Hey @Questrius,

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Pods, have you tried unplugging them and awaiting 15 minutes, from this if you plug the pod back in and await the light to stop flashing it should reconnect, alternatively you can run some checks via the Connect app here.

Joe

Many thanks for your reply. The pods have been switched off since yesterday evening and I have plugged them in next to the hub and switched them on. After a few minutes the pod with two Ethernet port starts flashing blue, the other pod with one Ethernet port continually flashes white, neither of the ports connect to the new hub 5.

I managed to get a live chat yesterday and the agent has said that he thinks I need a new hub. He has ordered one and says it will be with me in 3 to 4 days. I’m to try that and if it doesn’t work then I should get back in touch again. I am not convinced that it’s the hub and I asked if they could send two new pods at the same time. The agent said they could only order one thing at a time. 
All I can do is try the new hub out when it arrives and hope for the best.

many thanks for the suggestion though, it’s much appreciated.

Thanks for the update Questrius,

Please pop back and let us know how you get on once the new hub has been set up 🙂

Alex_Rm

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Alex_RM wrote:

Thanks for the update Questrius,

Please pop back and let us know how you get on once the new hub has been set up 🙂

Alex_Rm

well thats helpful [not] - how is a change of hub going to sort the pods - they need adding to the old new hub - jeeezzzz the level of help here gets worse - maybe staff need to answer the questions asked rather than just raising their post cont after skim reading the last post

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Joe,

I am having the same problem with pod not working since I got the new Hub 5, but the link you provided does not offer a lot of help. This is a big problem because since I got the new hub, the signal in some (important) parts of my house is very poor. Can you help?

Avi

Hi Avramlevi 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto the community forum 😊.

Sorry to see your having issues with the pod not working in some parts of your home ☹.

The connect app should allow you to run some tests as Joe has provided.

However have you tried reconnecting your pod to the hub?

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide