Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Hub red light

Hi, for a while now I've had problems with my Internet. When I'm trying to watch things it constantly loses connection. When I reset the hub the light still stays red. I've been in touch with virgin numerous times and get told everything is fine. It'...

Gels by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect tv to 5ghz network

I have various devices object to Wi-Fi and operated via Alexa. The network is split into 2.4ghz and 5ghz to enable smart plugs to work. I have a Samsung smart tv and it will only pick up the 2.4ghz network and I wondered if this is standard or if the...

Kirsty29 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pause devices remotely

Hi. We currently use the Virgin connect app to pause devices from our WiFi before we go to bed. Is there any way to do this remotely, or do we absolutely have to be connected to our home WiFi network?

1 GiG hub and Wifi pod issues

When we first got the new hub a few weeks ago, cabled my pc would pick up around 900 Mbps... however now I only get 350 - 450 Mbps .. and the wifi is even worse at around 130 Mbps..The Wifi pod we have (to connect to our disabled sons downstairs bedr...

Laranoye by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red Light Permanently on Hub

I've had a permanent red light on my Hub for over a week now. I have tried using the pin hole reset several times. I have also turned it off and back on several times. The Virgin Media Connect app cannot find the Hub and the speed checker is showing ...

FtgEV4VWwAEURVW.jpeg FtgEV4UWIAEBgte.jpeg FtgEV4TX0AAmCZp.jpeg
gcsouth by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi booster

Looking for recommendations for a decent wifi booster to work with Virgin Hub4.

webbc by On our wavelength
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on router

Hi,My 3.0 has been showing a constant solid Red light for a while now now.no connection issues but have cutouts. Checked online forums and keep seeing that this may be an overheating issue which can affect performance. My hub feels a little warm to t...

tayyab95 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Pods not working

After sky glass stopped working was told to factory hard reset hub 4.now none of 3 pods will work.have called lots of times and resolved nothing.I pay a lot for 1gb but can’t get any decent customer support.Tried everything recommended but nothing.ca...