cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi booster

webbc
On our wavelength

Looking for recommendations for a decent wifi booster to work with Virgin Hub4.

17 REPLIES 17

Client62
Legend

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @webbc 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

We do have our own WiFi pods/boosters available, more can be seen on our help page here - if you download our VM connect app and scan for blackspots in your property you should be able to order these via here.

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

webbc
On our wavelength

Yes I have been using them very successfully until they failed after a power outage. The 3 I have just have a white blinking light now and yes I have tried many things suggested online and during a phone call, also via this forum. 
I have given up and accepted they must be faulty.

spj20016
On our wavelength

I purchased TP-Link Deco X20 AX1800 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System 3 Pack because of the on going issue with the pods not connecting. They have been fantastic, my WiFi has never been so reliable. I received a email from virgin media technical support a couple of days after purchasing them to say that the pods should now connect, but I am not even going to try them. I will stick with my own mesh system. Hope you will get your problem sorted out.

webbc
On our wavelength

Well mine are still not connecting 

Hey webbc, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please can you try these steps to connect the Virgin pods;

Unplug any Ethernet cables attached to the router and wait at least 30 seconds, then plug them back in. Plug the router's power cable back into the outlet. Plug the modem back in and wait until the modem has finished powering on. Wait at least 2 minutes for your Pods' LEDs to stop blinking.

Please keep us updated. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

webbc
On our wavelength

You didn’t make it clear when to unplug the hub so unplugged the Ethernet cables and the hub at the same time. Replaced the Ethernet cables after 30 seconds and plugged the hub back in. Waited till the hub fully powered up and then another 2 minutes. 
Guess what? The pods are still blinking.

webbc
On our wavelength

Okay so I think it’s time to call a halt to my attempts in getting the wifi pods up and running. It’s unlikely they’ve ever work. 
I need to know now where I stand with Virgin Media, will someone please get in touch. I’d rather not spend an hour or so on the phone getting nowhere.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @webbc 👋.

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your Pods 😢. Is this issue still ongoing or would you like further assistance in this matter?

Please get back in touch.

Sabrina