Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Permanent RED LED light on Hub

Hi,I have a permanent RED LED light on Hub. I have a internet connection but I am not sure about a speed. The red light is for couple of weekes now. I had tried restart it and I had done factory settings reset but it dosnt help. Do I need a Hub to be...

Arraunda by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lag spikes how to fix?

HiPast couple of weeks I've been getting bad lag spikes on my VM home broadband and my housemate has reported the same issue, where the internet completely freezes up for 5-30 seconds meaning we are getting frequent lag on streams, gaming etc. Both o...

Untitled3.jpg

Below minimum speed and unrecognised devices

New customer here on 1gig package with hub 5.Noticed that I'm getting below the minimum speed of 565. WiFi and wired get the same speeds. Getting between 400 - 550.Noticed that in the connect app there are a number of devices I haven't used before or...

chase47 by Tuning in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! WiFi booster pods

I have volt & poor WiFi connection in two bedrooms both under 18 mbps download - have used WiFi checker app - but keep going round in circles with regards to ordering 2 pods - can’t find a link even though it clearly states package is volt - can some...

Slow upload speeds even with ethernet cable

So I've recently got myself an ethernet cable as I'm needing to upload a folder to wetransfer that's 140GB. Even on my newly upgraded M500 Fibre broadband the regular upload speed of 52mbps wasn't working so that's why I needed an ethernet cable. Yet...

Internet drops every few hours

Hi - we recently moved home and moved our services with us. Using our same equipment from old house but it was a new cable installation into the new house.Since it was installed we have been having the connection drop for a short time (no more than a...

idbro28 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Who is hating O2 signal - often troublesome

my phone reception is utter rubbish since mick g over to O2 .. when I had EE dim the coverage was far more superior.  I am often left with no data on my phone now more than ever anyone else seeing the same? My daughter is also experiencing a reduced ...

Requesting a WiFi pod.

We have recently converted our attic into a bedroom for my daughter and have found that the WiFi signal is very weak in there.. It fluctuates between 2 and 10 mbps and she often has trouble streaming her Netflix etc.  We have 2 pods as our house is q...

Resolved! Have 2 different internet providers under one house

Hi there,I'm wanting to buy the Virgin Fiber internet so the speeds that are being promised to what I currently getting on Vodaphone are miles off... for basically the same price.I was just wondering to see if it's possible to just buy the fiber inte...