cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have 2 different internet providers under one house

JoshAlley223
Joining in

Hi there,

I'm wanting to buy the Virgin Fiber internet so the speeds that are being promised to what I currently getting on Vodaphone are miles off... for basically the same price.

I was just wondering to see if it's possible to just buy the fiber internet from virgin and not have to tell Vodaphone and just keep both internet providers. Mainly because I can't cancel Vodaphone as the contract is no was near finished.

I've had fiber internet before from bt and I know they install a new fiber line from the telephone poles so surly It shouldn't affect my current internet? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Virgin Media internet only is no problem, that can be ordered from the website.

Provided Vodaphone and Virgin Media will use different delivery methods ( E.g. Voda on a phone line vs. VM on a cable or fibre ) it is fine to have dual ISPs at one home.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Virgin Media internet only is no problem, that can be ordered from the website.

Provided Vodaphone and Virgin Media will use different delivery methods ( E.g. Voda on a phone line vs. VM on a cable or fibre ) it is fine to have dual ISPs at one home.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can have as many ISPs as you like. It’s up to them to install the correct infrastructure. If you do have two you can get routers that either you one of the ISPs for failover or load share between them.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2