cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wifi for 4 months!!!

cox28
Joining in

We entered into a contract with VM in October 2023.  Almost every day we had poor signal and it kept crashing at peak time.  On 9 February the service was down completely. A technician visited on 10 February and discovered a cable had to be replaced outside our property.  Since then, I called Customer Service many times to ask for support – on 1, 4, 5, 6,7, 9, 14, and 15 April.  A technician came on 16 April and concluded he couldn’t assist, and we needed to make another appointment to have a cable replaced outside our property.

Again, numerous phone calls and appointments were booked for 1, 8, and 16 May that were then cancelled without warning and moved to different dates.

I made a complaint on 2 May as the technician didn’t come and received an email containing false information, stating VM are “happy to be able to resolve the issue” when the issue was far from resolved and still is not.

My last appointment for 16 May was again changed to 30 May.  This is absolutely unacceptable!

Every time I call Customer service to complain they have no shame in saying, “They guarantee it will be done next time” and it never gets done.

We have been without Internet (but paying for it ) for over 3 months.  Two members of the family work from home. The lack of Wi-Fi has greatly impacted our business. We have to rely on paying for additional mobile data, hotspots and working from shared office space.  In addition, we suffered loss of business and missed on contracts.

At this point we have no confidence that VM will come and sort this out and we don't know what to do. 

We would appreciate any advice on how to deal with this as we are so fed up!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

However even as a residential customer you are entitled to compensation if you have a total loss of service. Merely poor or intermittent service doesn't count. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

zetastarz21
Tuning in

Hi there,

I've got no advice for you but wanted to say that I'm experiencing the same issue, which seems to be common for VM! We moved home and had issues with that where the customer service agent didn't register our move into the system, then the cable connection wasn't active or something. It managed to get fixed and all was good for about a month when it suddenly cut out in the morning. The technician came next day and said he found a freshly cut cable outside our property and we'll need a new one. It was scheduled for the next day, then kept getting rescheduled. They finally came but apparently "additional work" was needed so they couldn't do the cable replacement. Now it's been rescheduled every single day with customer service "guaranteeing" the team will come each day. They scheduled it for 2o May, then it got rescheduled for 11 May, then they didn't come and it moved to 24 May, then pushed up to 13 May and on and on...It's only been a little over two weeks for us so far, but I have no faith that it will be done anytime soon, which is ridiculous as my husband and I also work from home and have had to pay for additional phone data to use hotspots etc. Plus my children often have schoolwork that needs to be done through online apps. It's frustrating and frankly unprofessional!

Hopefully someone has some advice here. I will keep following along!

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @cox28, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues you've been experiencing with Virgin Media.

As per your post, in relation to the detriment this has caused your business, can you confirm if this connection is a residential or business connection?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Yup I think David_Bn has a point. If the connection is a residential one then there are real complications here I'm afraid as the Ts and Cs at D8 state "Internet access is for private use by you and members of your household. It must not be used for any activities not reasonably expected of someone using Internet access for domestic purposes, e.g. whilst a reasonable amount of working from home is expected, your usage should be within what would be reasonably expected from a residential customer and we have no liability for any business losses you may suffer. We have other more appropriate packages such as Homeworks, and for small business use there are services provided for by Virgin Media Business."

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

However even as a residential customer you are entitled to compensation if you have a total loss of service. Merely poor or intermittent service doesn't count. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi David

We have a residential connection as this is not our primary business address. When we work from home we are mainly keeping on top of emails, web browsing and taking the occasional virtual meeting. We are not streaming or downloading large pieces of data. 

Our issue is not lagging connection from too many users, our issue is that the external cable that connects our power to Virigin media's grid is damaged and you haven't come to fix it despite frequent empty promises. 

I would appreciate if you can help us get this rectified as we are so frustrated with this ongoing saga. 

Good luck and I hope they resolve your issue a lot more efficiently than they have ours! 

Thank you for the above info, good to know. Unfortunately our issue here is a damaged external cable which I highly doubt will be rectified by upgrading to a different VM package 

Hi @cox28, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel