cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account number

Nelson1991
Tuning in

Hi, I recently moved house and got a new account number, my virgin media app is still connected to my old account number, and I can’t update it to the new one.

38 REPLIES 38

Hi, again, I've confirmed also Text by SMS and Whatsapp message is usable. only data/internet is not usable. 

Thank you @TK0928

I will send you a private message now so we can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Lilacgem
Joining in

I have the same issue. Was with Virgin, left and have now come back and cannot connect my new account on the app?!.

Hi @Lilacgem, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here about your My Virgin Media account.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hello,

I am having the same issues mentioned here as i have moved and now i cant log into my new accout 

Stilly_1974
Joining in

Hi, looks like this happens a lot (too often!) but I have exactly the same issue. Moved house last month, kept Virgin but my account is still showing my old one, I cannot update it so can someone help me please? Thanks

Hey Stilly_1974,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your account, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Gwebster
Joining in

I'm having the same problem, you would think VM would update their system to deal with this glaring issue. Can anyone help?

I left VM and have recently signed back up. I used the same email address as before, but now my account number is different and when I log in using my email address it still displays my old account number and doesn't show any of my new package information. I tried creating a new account with another email address and my new account number but I get a message saying that the account is tied to my original email address and I should log in with that, but it's still connected to my old account number.

Please can somebody sort this out?

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I sorted it. I just logged into my account and changed my login email, then created a new account using the email address I signed up for the new package with.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey  Loretah, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this, also a warm welcome to the community. 

If you have just moved house you would need to set an new online account up if you wanted to use the same email we would need to provide a move and transfer which can take up to 5 working days sometimes a little longer.

If you wanted to use a new fresh email you can sign up right away with your new details.

Please do let us know. Cheers  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?