cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account number

Nelson1991
Tuning in

Hi, I recently moved house and got a new account number, my virgin media app is still connected to my old account number, and I can’t update it to the new one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

931F5568-55BB-4564-984F-38C4EC4F3457.png

 Basically when I log into the account, it uses my email address that is already registered, (I haven’t change email) but it still shows my old account number, I can’t change it to the the new account number so the app thinks I’m not a customer no more 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

38 REPLIES 38

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nelson1991.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are unable to update your my VM app with your new account number. We can understand your concern and want to do our best to help. Just to clarify, do you get an error code or message  when trying to update the app? If so, are you able to provide a screen shot (while omitting personal details)? Also are you able to log into your account via web under your new account?

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

931F5568-55BB-4564-984F-38C4EC4F3457.png

 Basically when I log into the account, it uses my email address that is already registered, (I haven’t change email) but it still shows my old account number, I can’t change it to the the new account number so the app thinks I’m not a customer no more 

Thank you for letting me know @Nelson1991.

Have you tried registering your new account number under an alternative email address to see if you can get access to the account? Also do you also experience this when logging in via web?

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

I only have one email, don’t really want to make a new one just for this app. Also when I signed back up to Virgin I used my original email, all my confirmation and e-billing is sent to that email address aswell 

Yeah it’s the same for web aswell as the app 

Thank you for your response @Nelson1991

It appears your old account is registered to your email. Only one account can be registered to an email hence you not being able to update it to the new one.

Just to confirm, since joining us, have you tried registering the new account number as seen here https://my.virginmedia.com/create-profile/register ? If so, what was happens?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

4CD01BFE-CD27-4043-80CB-950923D91FA8.png

 I changed my username to random letters about 10 times just sends me this all the time 

Can’t you just change my old account number to my new number I got emails from virgin with my new account number.

Thank you for letting me know @Nelson1991

In this case, I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top righthand corner and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team