cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account number

Nelson1991
Tuning in

Hi, I recently moved house and got a new account number, my virgin media app is still connected to my old account number, and I can’t update it to the new one.

38 REPLIES 38

Hi there @Theo090 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are also facing this issue! Can I ask when you have called have the teams raised an IT ticket for you in order to have our second level technical teams look into this? 

Are you able to sign up with an alternative email at all? 

Thank you. 

Hi Ashleigh,

Yes, they said they escalated it to their IT team 3 times, nothing as of yet has happened. when i try to use a different email, it recognises the account number and sees it’s associated with my other email already, so I can’t use any other email.

thanks,

theo

I'm so sorry to hear this Theo and thank you for letting me know. 

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can check the IT ticket together, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

TK0928
Joining in

Hi, I'm facing completely same issue, I've moved home and still keep being with VM in new home but suddenly new account number and bill was issued and old account number looks expired. Issue is both of account numbers are registered with same e-mail address, so I can't log-in for new account number and even can't activate broadband with new number..

Could anyone help me for that?

How can we renew account number with same e-mail address?

Regards

Hi TK0928,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to access your online account.

So I can help I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

Thank you for quick answer and I've replied to your PM.

Hope we'll proceed to solve it soon.

TK0928
Joining in

Hi, Situation is getting worse... My package is "Broadband and 5GB Oomph SIM" but suddenly 5GB SIM stopped working at midnight of last night, no longer connecting with internet.

I don't understand what is happening.  My mobile can't be used now.

I never requested to close my contract, I just informed my home moving to VM Website.

Then suddenly VM issues new account number with new bill and now stopped my SIM??

I just want to keep using current VM package after moving home.

I need to make my SIM back to enable. I must need it for my daily life.

Could anyone help me asap?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TK0928,

Thanks for the update on this. I'm very sorry to hear your SIM has stopped working. We wouldn't cancel this without a 30-day notice, and in that case, you would still be informed beforehand.

Is it just the data that you are having problems with? What happens when you try to make, or receive a call? Are you also able to text?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I think I've never received 30 days notice.

All unavailable about for data, call, about text. can't receive call, text.

I've confirmed, No data connection, No internet  but only phone call is usable.

Best Regards,