cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change my contact number

slogess
Dialled in

Can’t seem to change my contact telephone number using the app or on the web MyVirginMedia I open account details click edit on the phone number input the correct number press save and just get a message saying sorry the changes you made were not saved please try again.

Any help would be appreciated.

221 REPLIES 221

Hi @Elmogm 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're also not able to update your contact number. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Joe92
Fibre optic

The original post starting this thread was on 02-06-2022. This is now 01/10/23 - 1 year and 4 months later and the 'issue' is STILL NOT FIXED. I have just experienced this issue as have many others recently. As a developer myself, and know this is a 'simple fix', I will ask one question to you Virgin Media...

--> WHY ARE YOU VERY DELIBERATELY NOT FIXING THIS SIMPLE ISSUE? !!!

nf1236
On our wavelength

I can't change my phone number either and someone keeps hacking into my account

Hello nf1236.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with changing your contact number.

Are you referring to your email account being hacked. If so have a look here 
I'd like to take a look into the number change for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Drumbeat
Dialled in

Unable to change my contact number too. Can somebody help, please?2023-10-24_22-35-20.jpg

Hi Drumbeat,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry for the issues you've had in changing your contact number. 

Can you confirm if you have been able to try different web browsers?

Also if you have been able to clear the cookies and cache and try again? 

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

I have just tried to change the phone number using Firefox, Chrome and Safari, but I am still seeing the message telling me the change I made has not been saved. I cleared cookies and cache prior to making the number change.

Hi Drumbeat,

Thanks for coming back to us. We do apologise that you're still unable to save your new contact number. Due to this, I will try and change it from our end on your behalf.

If this still does not save, we will then request our IT team investigate this for you. So I can access your account, I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you.

Click on the envelop at the top of the page.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I'm still receiving text messages from VM to the old number, over a year since I was assured this had been fixed. This issue has now been going on so long the news sites are reporting on it!

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/11/customers-of-virgin-media-uk-still-suffering-account-u...

Hi @IssueResolution 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been facing an ongoing issue with your contact number. I can assure you this is not the level of service we look to provide and we want to do our best to help. To best look into this issue, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs