cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Time on Handset since moving to Digital Voice

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Since moving to digital voice 2 weeks ago when we set the correct time on the BT digital handset when a call comes in it sets the handset phone 1 hour in front.

When you change it back and get another call it reverts back to 1 hour in front again their is a issue with your CLI information that needs sorting.

I have created a new thread from the ghost call issue since been accused of hijacking the thread

133 REPLIES 133

I have looked into this with the team and an engineer has advised that the Virgin Media telephone lines aren't at fault for this issues as the lines aren't able to pull the time data, this could be an issue with individual handsets rather than the telephone lines. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Disagree, before digital voice switch over the time kept the same, moved to digital voice everytime you set correct time and incoming call from your service throws it out again by 1 hour in front 

The issue is with either your caller id or CLI information which it is getting the wrong time information from.

If you have found a digital dect system that 1. Does not progress the handset time by 1 hour and 2. No ghost calls please point me to your compatible handsets guide please or send a unit for me to test.

My BT digital dect system had no issues whatsoever with keeping its time nor any ghost calls until I had it changed 2 weeks ago.

So it's your service not the handset at fault, please stop passing the buck saying it's customers handsets and please provide the compatible digital dect system that do not have these issues please that are connected to the hub 5.

As I highly doubt their is one

I suggest they are at fault and put their clocks forward one-hour a week too early.

More likely they put their clocks forward one-hour when the US did last Sunday!

May not be a manual error - but the VM time for Digital Voice lines is wrong!

@Steven_L wrote:

I have looked into this with the team and an engineer has advised that the Virgin Media telephone lines aren't at fault for this issues as the lines aren't able to pull the time data, this could be an issue with individual handsets rather than the telephone lines. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

The too early entry into BST is an excellent call.

It could be fixed by breakfast on Sunday !

Hi again @TAZMANUK  and a big thank you to our community members for their help.

Are you able to let us know how things are looking after the clocks go forward this Sunday? 

Hi yes I'll monitor it on Sunday and see what happens

Thank you very much again @TAZMANUK we do hope the clocks changing will rectify this for you

Whoever claimed that the phones are at fault is obviously talking nonsense because new phones display the time automatically after being plugged into the line.
It is absurd that we still go through this ritual of changing the clocks twice a year nowadays - the whole concept of "Daylight Saving Time" is ludicrous.

PRidgway
On our wavelength

Carried out a test and all now seems good.

Phone was at correct time, I called it and it remained at correct time.

Set phone to incorrect time, called it, and it changed to correct time.

Confirms VM time source was put forward an hour too soon.

Hi PRidgway 

Thank you for the update.

We are happy to hear this is now resolved for you 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide