cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 week installation delay

bluesmartie007
On our wavelength

<span;>Ok, I'm sure this has been posted already, but I'm honestly at a loss what to do next. My broadband installation was due on the  15th Jan, between 8am and 1pm. The engineer didn't show. I called and was told it had moved to 1pm to 6pm as external work had not been done. I said that this work has still not been done, and that the progress on the app is still showing it needs to be done. I was assured it would be, and told to wait in. The work wasn't done, and the installation date changed to 29th, 8am to 1pm, with the preparing the property moved to the 28th. I was notified of none of this. There has been zero communication. I called up customer service again, and in that time the appointment changed to 1pm to 6pm, again no notification. I discovered this by checking the app so I was sure of the dates to say to the advisor. The advisor told me they don't have the means to do anything but would escalate the issue and I would be called within two days, and updated.

<span;>Two days pass and I hear nothing. I go on the WhatsApp chat, and I'm told that an engineer will be out the next day to do external work, then in the same conversation I'm told it will be that afternoon and I will get a call within 2hrs. 2hrs pass and I hear nothing, no external work is done, which is no surprise. I go back to WhatsApp that night to be told they are powerless to help and I need to call the number I did on the 15th, in the mean time they will escalate this for a 3rd time. Upto now Virgin have not contacted me in way. They've not notified me of changes or of escalation or of progress or updates. Not one call, text or email. I call the number the next day. I'm told that it will once more be escalated and to expect a phone call with an update in the next 24hrs.

<span;>My current broadband contract has ended, and I'm looking at 2wks without any broadband now. I'm not actually hopeful it will be installed on the 29th. The reason for this is the lack of confirmation/acknowledged of the issue, via any form of communication, from Virgin media. This can only lead me to believe this issue is far from resolved and is set to drag on. I have zero faith, frustrated doesn't even come close. It feels like Virgin media are driving me over a cliff and all I can do is watch  while they tell me they understand, how sorry they are and how they'll escalate my concerns about the cliff edge. All I've had from Virgin is a customer service advisors are repeated apologies and promises to escalate, with no result what so ever. I don't know what else I can do or who I can turn to, I may as well just tell my dog the saga, and be free of the incessant empty apologies from advisors.

<span;>I have also asked about the compensation. It says in the automatic compensation policy, that for every day they delay installation it's £5.85, which over 14 days amounts to £81.62.  Plus £29.15 for an engineer not showing. This amounts to about £110. I have asked repeatedly about this to only be told that it's automatic and will be worked out after installation. On the 3rd phone call I was told I will receive nothing as it's external work that is delayed and this is not the fault of Virgin media, but they can credit my account with £50 as a goodwill gesture. Is this correct?

36 REPLIES 36

Thank you for letting us know. I can see you recently spoke to our team regarding auto-compensation for the delay in installation. Were you able to resolve this with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank for ignoring me. 

I was told I qualified and I would be emailed and see the full amount on my bill within 24hrs. That was 4 days ago. There is nothing. As usual, no communication, and a total failure in providing what was stated. 

I've just spoken on the phone, they say they'll cancel my next bill which is £15. I've had 23 days delay @ £5.83 = £134.09 And a cancelled installation, without notice, on 15/1 £29.15. This equates to a total £163, I think. So, £15 is woefully inadequate, and told them I do not consent to this offer. I have been told a manager will call me today, but I was told that 4 days ago. I'm unsure who I put my written dispute, I can't find a person, department or address. I've got the ombudsman page, and can see a section for opening a complaint. Do I just do that online, or is there more process to go through before that stage? I feel a bit in the dark here. I've read a few posts, but they don't really contain process within them. 

Hi bluesmartie007,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you, it looks like you may have spoken to us, what has been advised in regards to Auto Compensation?

Regards

Paul.

I was told I would be contacted by a manager on Friday, of course this didn't happen. The automatic compensation link is a joke. There has been no indication, or contact regarding, any automatic compensation. Different team members keep replying to this post, with one reply, then that's it. I've never known a company with such dismal customer service. It's like communicating with a bot. They may as well sack you lot and do that, for what you're worth to any customer complaint. I honestly think that would be better. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You should now open a formal complaint with VM, rejecting their offer of compensation and laying out your detailed case for the full amount.  Say that if they can't resolve this properly you will go to the Ombudsman.

If they don't come up with a satisfactory solution, after eight weeks you can go straight to the Ombudsman.  Or they may send you a deadlock letter, in which case you can go to the Ombudsman right away.

VM complaints:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Just penning the letter now. I will update on this thread whatever progress is made, as it may be a help to others. 

Hi @bluesmartie007 👋.

Thanks for the update on this, apologies for the issues that you have been facing in relation to a delayed installation. I can see that you have reached out to our contact team regarding this. in order to discuss details of this we would need to bring you in for a private message. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

I have an update. Virgin media are saying that my claim does not fall under their  auto compensation. The reason being 'The delay was cause by eternal work which was required to get your cable pulled, this is due to a blockage in the ducts where the cable was being pulled through. "

They have added "As you advised the technician didn't show up, although this was due to being unable to install you we will add a one of credit of £50 as a good will du to the inconvenience of waiting 14 days to be set up."

Btw, that is copied word for word, you would think a child was writing these letters.  Obviously this offer is unacceptable, along with excuse, so far as I'm concerned. 

So, what is the next step? They're saying they will close this in 28 days, which falls before the 8wks, I have to give before the ombudsman can be brought. They are asking me to call if I'm not satisfied. To be totally honest, I don't have the patience, or mental strength, to speak anymore to these people. 

Thanks in advance. All advice is greatly appreciated.