Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Repeated Broadband outages - 17 times since April

I am at a total loss as where to go next! our VM Services have until recently always been really stable - but since April 2023 and the upload speed upgrade they have been atrocious - constantly down - not a week goes by when there is a broadband or T...

gazthomas by On our wavelength
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Incorrect complaint resolved email

I phoned yesterday with a complaint about my Wifi not working in most of the rooms in my house i.e. it only works well within the same room as the box. I asked how this could be fixed and confirmed I am not willing to pay anymore money, I just want t...

New Hub

Having had the old white hub since the Dawn of time, email received re new Hub 4.Email states you are entitled if you receive the email, however cannot order said item.Any ideas ?

Ade2 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

M250 broadband

Just signed up to this service and it's absolutely awful, I use a wired connection to a Blu-ray player and watch Netflix through this. I can't even watch one film without this losing connection what an absolute waste of money

Solid red light Hub3

Hi, my Hub3 has solid red light for over a month now. The hub gets quite warm, I chatted to customer service yesterday, (which was no use at all) they said hub was ok.The signal is very weak around the house also.I think I need a new Hub

Daily latency spikes

Starting early August, I have been experiencing an awful lot of daily latency spikes, to the point where sometimes my laptop disconnects while I'm working. Initially, I thought it was a one-time thing, but after it kept happening for a couple weeks, ...

6fa7763f373a6b92712e41bc881687f8d819da10-23-08-2023.jpg 6fa7763f373a6b92712e41bc881687f8d819da10-28-08-2023.jpg 6fa7763f373a6b92712e41bc881687f8d819da10-06-09-2023.jpg 6fa7763f373a6b92712e41bc881687f8d819da10-22-09-2023.jpg
Kassakos by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Engineer NO SHOW

Appaling that I had scheduled an engineers visit for today as mi Wifi is not working. They sent me repeated messages saying they’d be in today between 12-4pm and NO ONE has been in the flat, worst of all no communication. Please advise me on how to p...

TV not connecting to WiFi

I have been having issues with connecting my TV. No other devices in the household have any issue connecting to the WiFi. However, the TV is capable of connecting to other routers so it is not an issue with the TV itself. I have tried resetting the h...

uuytewaf by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can’t unpause device

I have a hub 5 and my sons computer is paused I can’t unpause because the connect app has decided not to recognise my hubhave tried switching router on and off unplugged itbeen on phone to virgin for hours and spoke to 5 different people none of them...

Jay90 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos